Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Mall of Victor Valley
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We have a recycling program through IEM Waste Management for cardboard and one with the City of Victorville for plastics.
- Recyclable materials containers have been placed throughout the center and near every trash can as a result of our partnership with the City of Victorville.
- New, highly efficient lighting was installed throughout the center during the renovation.
- A new system controlling the HVAC and Lighting installed during the renovation.
- Our restrooms have been outfitted with water-conscious devices, including faucet sensors and others.
- As part of the renovation, The Mall of Victor Valley has utilized Xeriscaping (landscaping requiring little to no irrigation) for new areas throughout property.
- As part of our commitment to sustainable solutions, The Mall of Victor Valley offers EVgo (Electronic Vehicle) charging stations in our parking lots located near JCPenney.