Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Mall of Victor Valley
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We have a recycling program through IEM Waste Management for cardboard and one with the City of Victorville for plastics.
- Recyclable materials containers have been placed throughout the center and near every trash can as a result of our partnership with the City of Victorville.
- New, highly efficient lighting was installed throughout the center during the renovation.
- A new system controlling the HVAC and Lighting installed during the renovation.
- Our restrooms have been outfitted with water-conscious devices, including faucet sensors and others.
- As part of the renovation, The Mall of Victor Valley has utilized Xeriscaping (landscaping requiring little to no irrigation) for new areas throughout property.
- As part of our commitment to sustainable solutions, The Mall of Victor Valley offers EVgo (Electronic Vehicle) charging stations in our parking lots located near JCPenney.