Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We have a recycling program through IEM Waste Management for cardboard and one with the City of Victorville for plastics.
- Recyclable materials containers have been placed throughout the center and near every trash can as a result of our partnership with the City of Victorville.
- New, highly efficient lighting was installed throughout the center during the renovation.
- A new system controlling the HVAC and Lighting installed during the renovation.
- Our restrooms have been outfitted with water-conscious devices, including faucet sensors and others.
- As part of the renovation, The Mall of Victor Valley has utilized Xeriscaping (landscaping requiring little to no irrigation) for new areas throughout property.
- As part of our commitment to sustainable solutions, The Mall of Victor Valley offers EVgo (Electronic Vehicle) charging stations in our parking lots located near JCPenney.
Leaders in corporate sustainability
At Macerich, while most of our business is focused on reaching new heights, in sustainability we are dedicated to reaching new lows. In fact, "Innovating to Zero" is our ambitious longer-term goal to generate zero energy waste and near zero emissions, zero water waste and zero landfill impact.
GRESB Green Star
2014 - 2017
20th among top 30 on-site generation
EPA Green Power Partnership
CDP Climate A List
2015 - 2017
#1 Ranking 2015 - 2017 GRESB Benchmark
N. American Retail Sector
NARIET Leader in the Light
2014 - 2017
First U.S. In-use Certified Building